The Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
Hi there Lovebugs :) Happy Saturday!
I LOVE drinking lemon water. I love the taste and the freshness. I've been drinking lemon water for YEARS now and when I first began, I was not aware of the all of it's health benefits. I just thought about the fact that I knew I needed to drink water and I had to find a way to make it taste better! So, for those of you who are like me and need to get your daily intake of water but you don't like the taste, add some lemons! And aside from tasting great (in my opinion), I want to share with you all some of the benefits of drinking lemon water courtesy of www.authenticselfwellness.com:
1. Helps Increase Energy Levels - I don't know about you but I could use some energy! With all of the responsibilities on our plates, it's good to know that drinking lemon water can give us an energy boost.
2. Aids in Promoting Proper Digestion - How wonderful it is to know that drinking lemon water can help us break down our food properly!
3. Helps Boost the Immune System - A healthy immune system is needed to fight off infections, diseases, etc. Regularly drinking lemon water actually helps our immune system to do so properly.
4. Can Work to Promote Beautiful Clear Skin - Who doesn't want clear skin! According to livestrong.com, "lemons contain a natural astringent and antibacterial agent that acts as an exfoliant to help remove dead skin cells faster and prevent clogged pores".
5. Provides Tasty Hydration for Your Body - Our bodies need to be properly hydrated to ensure they function properly. Also, adding lemon to our water can help plain water taste better!
I hope that this information helps you all just like it helps me. If you would like to try something different when it comes to hydrating your body and you just cant seem to get past the bland taste of water, add some lemons. Not only will it taste good to you, but it's also actually good for you!